VHS Advisor: Amanda Mosley
2022-2023 FCCLA Members
VHS-FCCLA is looking forward to continue growing our chapter! Make sure to grab your membership application from Mrs. Mosley in room 814!
Family, Career and Community Leaders of America is a national Career and Technology Student Organization that provides personal growth, leadership development, and career preparation opportunities for students in Family and Consumer Science education. It's a great way to meet new friends, to grow as a person and to do things for others. You will also get the opportunity to meet members from acrossthe U.S. by attending district, state and national events.
Mission of FCCLA
The mission of FCCLA is to promote personal growth and leadership development through Family and Consumer Sciences education. Focusing on the multiple roles of family member, wage earner and community leader, members develop skills for life through: character development, creative and critical thinking, interpersonal communication, practical knowledge, and career preparation.
Purpose of FCCLA
- To provide opportunities for personal development and preparation for adult life
- To strengthen the function of the family as a basic unit of society
- To encourage democracy through cooperative action in the home and community
- To encourage individual and group involvement in helping achieve global cooperation and harmony
- To promote greater understanding between youth and adults
- To provide opportunities for making decisions and for assuming responsibilities
- To prepare for the multiple roles of men and women in today's society
- To promote Family and Consumer Sciences and related occupations.